Thursday, August 11, 2011

How do you handle uncivilized behavior?

The other day I was sitting in the penger seat of my parked car with the engine off in a parkin outside of the bank. As I was nonchalantly sitting in the car waiting for my hubby to cash a check so he could pay his employees a car pulled up in front of me and stopped. The driver looked at me and a stare down began. This went on for about three minuets. I didn't really know what was going on and then I thought to myself: "Maybe she is staring at me b/c she wants to park in this exact spot and thinks since I am in the penger seat I should get out, go into the bank, ask hubby for the keys, come back out, get into the drivers seat, move the car onto the side street or double park someone else in, allowing her to take the spot?" No, couldn't be. That would be totally off the wall. After the confusing stare down she backed up a little, stopped, and waved for me to exit the parkin! I called my hubby on the cell and asked him how much longer he was going to be b/c a lady wanted to park where he had parked the car. He told me he would be out in 5 minuets and that she could wait for a spot to open up just like we did and just like everyone else. After I got off the phone, round two of the stare down took way. I just continued to look around at people walking by and tried to ignore the situation. Eventually, the five minuets ped and we started the car and began to pull out of the parkin (an unmarked spot by the way: not a handicapped spot, not a employees only spot, just a regular old spot.) When we began to pull out she began to zoom into the spot before we could entirely pull out. She slammed on her breaks and then threw her hands up into the air and shouted "what". We drove off and continued running errands the rest of our day. So, was this a little uncivilized? How was I supposed to handle this? Should I have gone into the bank to get the keys? I am quite confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment